B

Princeton Edition: Gino's Pizza & Spaghetti

By Candace Nelson - 8:05 AM

Gino's is a West Virginia restaurant, though I had never been to one before Princeton. I had tried it once before, but never completed a blog on it. We decided to check it out again. We ventured to the Athens, WV, location. When we walked inside, a loud doorbell went off. We stood up at the front and glanced over the menu until we made our final selections. Since "spaghetti" is in their name, I knew that would be my choice. It also came with garlic bread.

Chris ordered a large pizza, and we also got an order of their cheesy bread. We also got a couple of bottled drinks - no fountain drinks here. I hate that, though, because I drink a lot when I eat, so I had to use my one bottle sparingly.

We took a seat in their small dining area. Most of the tables were dirty, but we grabbed a few paper towels to wipe one off and took our seat. Our food came out, and we had a feast before us. I tried the cheesy bread first. The melted cheese on top of butter-soaked dough was delicious. Dipped in marinara, these cheesy bread sticks were delicious and addicting.

My spaghetti was less exciting, though. The sauce was kind of bland, and it was very runny. I also did not get two huge meatballs like the photo showed; there were just a few chunks of meat in the sauce. I would have preferred the photo. Every time I tried to take a bite, the sauce would splash everywhere, since it was basically water-like. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't even finish half of it.

Chris' pizza was quite tasty. It had a crisp crust, lots of flavorful mozzarella cheese and a hearty tomato sauce that made a pretty great pie. It's not a bad place, especially for the prices, and I wouldn't mind trying it out again.

Grade: B
Gino's Pizza on Urbanspoon

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi, Candace. My name is Carey and I work in the Marketing Department at Gino's Pizza & Spaghetti House. We're glad you enjoyed your pizza and cheese breadsticks during your recent visit. And we appreciate your candor regarding our spaghetti. Will you please email me (carey@ginospizza.com) so we can discuss further? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I'll send an email your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, I have been enjoying reading your reviews, I live in the Bluefield area & I like hearing about new places to eat out . The Ginos in Bluewell has one item on their menu that my family loves - a pubwitch . If you get a chance, try it, I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridgitte - thanks for the sweet words! I mentioned the pubwitch to my boyfriend - and he actually said he's heard of it, too! He's from Princeton. So, I think you just planned a weekend trip for us =] I'll have to get back to you when I'm able to check it out! Thanks!

      Delete

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.