My Favorite Morgantown Dishes

By Candace Nelson - 6:36 PM

I've had this idea for a long time - to put together the best meals I've had in Morgantown. I have plans in the future to do a best wings, best pizzas, best Mexican, etc. lists. But this list is my favorite foods in Morgantown, period. If I were to have a last meal, this is what I'd wish for. In no particular order, because I love them all:

Puglioni's:
Pasta Carbonara
1137 Van Voorhis Road #13
Morgantown, WV 26505
(304) 599-7521

This does not seem like something that would make me go crazy. I'm not a big fan of ham or bacon individually. In fact, they're probably near the bottom of my list of "most favorite meats." But when they're paired with a cheesy sauce and homemade pasta - like fireworks in your mouth. In a good way.


Chaang Thai:
Pad Thai
361 High Street
Morgantown, WV 26505
(304) 241-5374

I didn't even know I liked pad thai until I had it here. I've had it at other places, and it's like the sauce isn't saturated enough. All the flavors hit the right notes here. All. Of. Them. I can't bring myself to order anything else here because the pad thai is just SO good. And I can't order it anywhere else because I'll always compare it to Chaang Thai.

Mountain State Brewing Company:
Tomato/Mozzarella Salad
54 Clay Street
Morgantown, WV 26505
(304) 241-1976

Shouldn't I put pizza here? Yes, yes, I should. But sometimes I love this salad. It's so simple: tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, spinach, balsamic. It's phenomenal. It's light, crisp, sweet, everything in one. I could eat this every day. I always try to recreate it.

Yesterday's Bar and Grille:
Sweet Potato Fries
3013 Northpoint Plaza
Morgantown, WV
(304) 284-0740

While there are a ton of great things on Yesterday's menu, there's something I always get when I go there: the sweet potato fries. The sweet, delicious fries are to die for. The perfect complement to any meal, don't miss these.

Volcano Japanese Restaurant: 
West Virginia Roll
372 Patterson Drive
Morgantown, WV
(304) 292-9000

This roll single-handedly changed my perspective on sushi. I had always been a fan, but I stuck to safe rolls, like California or salmon. This roll blends crab, avocado, sauce and tempura beautifully. Heavenly.


Tailpipes: 
Maple Bacon Milkshake
417 High Street
Morgantown, WV 26505
(304) 225-2535

Want to try something no other restaurant probably has? I know it sounds odd, but it's tasty with the combo of salty bacon and sweet maple syrup. Think of it as breakfast in a cup.


Oliverio's Ristorante: 
Angel Hair Crab Balls
52 Clay Street
Morgantown, WV 26501
(304) 296-2565

These are enormous, delicious crab stuffing balls are rolled in angel hair pasta and fried. Served in a tangy sauce - you're missing out if you haven't had these.



Golden Finch: 
Strawberry Ginger Creme Brulee
330 High Street
Morgantown, WV 26505
(304) 292-0088

I know Golden Finch rotates desserts, but when I had their strawberry creme brulee, it was amazing. Delicate strawberries, with that creamy custard and hard caramel and sugar crystals.


(Many of these photos are not mine; please click on each to be directed to the respective owners)

Have any other great dishes to add? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.