Sweet Frog

By Candace Nelson - 8:00 AM

I'm not going to review Sweet Frog, per se, because it is a chain with restaurants located across 15 states. However, I do want to touch on it just because it is new to town, and I went there for the first time recently.

It's located at the Univeristy Towne Centre between PetCo and Target. It's Fro-yo, just like Naticakes, and has about 20 flavors. The atmosphere is fun and bright. It's all self-serve, so I picked up a cup from the end, filled it with a combination of Milky Way and Dulche De Leche and moved toward the toppings bar. The toppings seem to be endless, with everything from fruit and gummy bears to Reese cups and hot caramel. I chose the latter, of course. The price is based on weight, which is probably less than $5 for the small cup.


I have to say, I really enjoyed my yogurt. Between the hot caramel, cookie dough bites, Butterfinger, Reese and M&Ms, it's hard to not like this. Had I given it a rating, it probably would've been an A, but I am not doing that for a place like this.

One thing that did leave a sour taste in my mouth was their religious associations. Not that I'm against religion, I just don't want it shoved down my throat along with my fro-yo. The workers had on "Forever Rely On God" shirts. Guess that's what FROG stands for. I did like my dessert I made, but I think my money will go toward the local economy.

Sweet Frog is open Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Friday to Saturday 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. and Sunday noon to 9 p.m. For more information on Sweet Frog, visit its website at www.sweetfrogyogurt.com.

Sweet Frog on Urbanspoon

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.