A

Charleston Edition: Main Kwong

By Candace Nelson - 8:00 AM

UntitledUntitledUntitled

UntitledI had a lot of Asian food in Charleston recently. But Main Kwong is one that had been on my list for a while because I've heard it is an "institution" in the town. And, luckily, it was right around the corner from where I was staying.

From the outside, it's your typical Chinese takeout. Inside, there are the usual faded photos of Chinese-American dishes and a few tables if you wanted to eat inside. I went with my usual General Tso's Chicken with white rice. The woman working also threw in some free dessert for us (score!)


Untitled
When we got back to the apartment, I dug in. The general tso's was pretty good. It was more on the sweeter side rather than the tangier side. But good nonetheless. My eggroll was pretty baller - fried to perfection, with crisp veggies inside.

And though the dessert was generic, it was still fresh for being so late in the day.  

 Grade: A
Main Kwong Chinese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.