B

Charleston Edition: Mission Savvy

By Candace Nelson - 5:44 PM

Mission SaavyMission SaavyAs part of Art Walk, my friend Brittany and I stopped in Mission Savvy since I had never been. Mission Savvy focuses on ethical fashion, organic food and a sustainable lifestyle. So, it's definitely a cool addition to the downtown restaurant restaurant scene. They even have a food truck that they take to events.

Mission Saavy
I ordered a drink that was probably the safest - full of fruit and not the veggies. It's thinner than a smoothie - more like a juice. But it was quite tasty, and it was sweet without being too much. If you're feeling a little more adventurous/healthy, try one with spinach or other leafy greens.

Coconut Wraps (Original or Curry)
w/ Veggies & Vegan Cheese Spread
Mediterranean Dolmas
Fresh Collard Wraps
Marinated Kale Salad
Raw Hummus & Carrots
Veggie Collard Wraps
Thai Spring Rolls w/ Almond Tamari Dipping Sauce
Not Tuna Salad Pate w/ Veggies or wrap
Organic Beet Burger w/ veggies & vegan cheese
Homemade Soup w/ Crackers
Indian Quinoa Salad
Jamaican Black Eyed Pea Salad

Mission SaavyMission SaavyI wasn't interested in a hot meal because it was quite warm that evening, and I was already sweating.They had salads, a beet burger, wraps. But I just wanted something small - I opted for a "cocao brownie ball."

Mission SaavyMission SaavyBlech. I'm sure it's much healthier and vegan-friendly, but blech. I wasn't a fan. Plus it got fuzz on it, either from me or elsewhere, and I didn't need much of an excuse to stop eating it. I'm glad I had the drink, because it was a nice cool treat.

Some of the plates look interesting, and I'd be interested in trying some of those in the future. I like that this type of cafe exists, because it's vegan, raw and gluten-free, which is important for so many folks. I'm just not necessarily one of them - but I acknowledge its role in the community. They're open Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed on Sunday.

Grade: B
Mission Savvy on Urbanspoon

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.