Monday, July 8, 2013

Mount Hope Edition: Giuseppe's Restaurant

Giuseppe's RestaurantGiuseppe's RestaurantI have been covering a lot of stories on the Boy Scout Jamboree in Fayette County, and on the way back from one particular trip, we stopped at a local Italian spot. A quick Urbanspoon search showed Giuseppe's had decent reviews, and it was nearby, so we stopped.

It's a local place that has that hometown feel. It's a little worn but in a good way. It has charm and character. A quick look over the menu really made me want everything, but I ordered the small rigatoni. I like my pasta to sauce ratio heavier on the pasta side, so even though spaghetti is their specialty, the rigatoni has a better chance of wowing me.

Giuseppe's RestaurantGiuseppe's Restaurant
Giuseppe's RestaurantA house salad proved to be mediocre. Some iceberg lettuce, mozzarella cheese and a few tomatoes. At least they had French dressing available.

Some buttered bread was fantastic. Weird, right? I don't know how some bread can be so good - though I know many people who love bread, that's just not typically me - but the garlic and flavor on this one hit the spot for me.

Giuseppe's RestaurantThe rigatoni! Some of the best I've had. I love the homestyle, traditional restaurants that have authentic recipes that have probably been around for ages. This sauce seems to fit that bill. I can see this sauce being fine-tuned and perfected over the years before its served to salivating patrons like myself.

If you're in the area, it's definitely worth a visit.

Oh, and if you have an EXTRA minute, stop at this cool little shop across the road. It's just ... amazeballs.

Giuseppe's Restaurant

Grade: A
Giuseppe's Restaurant on Urbanspoon