A

Bridgeport Edition: Almost Heaven Desserts and Coffee Shop

By Candace Nelson - 11:00 AM

Almost Heaven
Almost HeavenWhile in Clarksburg for some sushi, we decided we needed some post-dinner dessert. After a quick look on Urbanspoon, we discovered Almost Heaven Desserts and Coffee Shop wasn't too far away and happened to be open pretty late.

Almost HeavenIt seems their main bakery is actually in Clarksburg, but it's only open Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Coffee Shop, however, is in Bridgeport and is open Monday through Thursday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.

The coffee shop wasn't tough to find, and there was parking along the side. As soon as I walked inside, I felt at home. It's this very cool, very hip vibe - but not in a pretentious way.  It's homey, and I instantly knew this would be my home-away-from-home if I lived in this area.

Almost HeavenAlmost Heaven

Almost Heaven
On the walls are chalkboards listing different coffee, bagels, cookies, shakes and a few select food items. But the large, lit cases of desserts were stealing my attention. It's cheesecake heaven.

Any kind you can think of. And pies and cookies and just amazing.

I asked the girl working what her favorite one was because they all looked so good, and she told me she was sick of all of them. So. That was pleasant.

But I went with the caramel crumble pumpkin pie as well as a slice of the peanut butter cheesecake. Each slice was about $4, but whatever. It's like a little cheesecake castle in there, and I splurged.

Almost HeavenAlmost Heaven
I couldn't really tell there were traces of caramel in the pumpkin pie, but I still love pumpkin pie, so it was great. The peanut butter pie was too good. I mean,  can you really mess these up? Probably not. But regardless, these were tasty.

Grade: A 
Almost Heaven Desserts and Coffee Shop on Urbanspoon

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.