C

New Martinsville Edition: Choo Choo's Restaurant

By Candace Nelson - 11:00 AM

Choo Choos 2 Collage

Kayla took me to Choo Choo's back before I started blogging. It's one of a handful of local restaurants in Wetzel County, and I've been wanting to go back ever since so I could have some more Wetzel County places represented in my blog. 


Though my favorite has to be Miss Blue's. Yes, I'm biased. 

Choo Choos CollageChoo Choo's is, not surprisingly, located right along the train tracks. And you probably will hear a train while dining here. There's nothing remarkable about this restaurant, but it does have some good items. A dive, really, but some friendly folks, decent food and a busy place.

Because I went on a Friday, the special was fish. Sure, why not. I like a good fish sandwich. Though it's really easy to mess up fish. In a landlocked state at a diner.

Choo choo'sI was first served a small bowl of coleslaw, which was weird. Because I don't typically just eat coleslaw by itself. So I nibbled at it while waiting for my food to arrive. Creamy, fresh tasting. Pretty good.

Once my food finally arrived, I was hesitant. It's small, square-ish and there seems to be more bun than fish. BUT - the taste isn't bad. I've had much worse. It was actual flakey chunks of fish - unlike minced stuff processed with god only knows what.

Choo choo'sThe tartar was really more just like mayo, and the potatoes could have fried about 10 minutes longer. But I was happy with my meal, truthfully. I figured since it was a special, they had to be making a good bit of them and hopefully, it was fresh. It was a medium quality hunk of fried fish.

I don't think it would be my first choice going back - there may be some other gems, but I wouldn't turn it down.

Choo choo'sChoo choo's


Grade: C
Choo-Choo's on Urbanspoon

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.