A

Follansbee Edition: DiCarlo's Pizza

By Candace Nelson - 11:30 AM

Weirton DiCarlos

The second-closest DiCarlo's to my home is the Follansbee location. Located in Hooverson Heights, DiCarlo's is open daily and serves the pizza I love so much, as well as oven-baked hoagies, calzones, wings, pepperoni rolls, and specialty pizzas (like buffalo and white).

Weirton DiCarlosThis location has pieces for just .90. I ordered 5 regular for me and 5 without pepperoni for my parents. I waited for maybe a half hour or so, as there were a few people in front of me. And those poor workers must be dying because it was blazing in there.

Weirton DiCarlosBut it was all worth it when I was handed a square box full of Italian gold. When I got home and opened the box, the shreds of cheese had melted from the steamed box.

Weirton DiCarlos
One of the best parts about DiCarlo's Pizza is the cold provolone atop the hot sauced pizza. But if you wait too long, it melts just like the other regular plebe pizzas.

I noticed there is a good bit less cheese on these cuts than some of the other DiCarlo's locations. But it was enough.

The sauce was not quite as flavorful as, say, Wellsburg's. It's still delicious, but if I have to compare to other locations, I think it could use a little more seasoning.

The crust was thin and crisper. Other locations tend to be thicker, but this one was definitely on the thinner side.

It's no secret I love DiCarlo's Pizza, and Follansbee's location is no different. Is it my preferred? No. It isn't as good as Wellsburg's, but it is close and has better hours. And, nothing beats DiCarlo's - except the Wellsburg DiCarlo's.

Weirton DiCarlosGrade: A
Dicarlo Brothers Pizza on Urbanspoon

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.