A

Parkersburg Edition: DiCarlo's Pizza

By Candace Nelson - 10:00 AM

Dicarlos - ParkersburgI know you're going to be disappointed, but this is actually the final DiCarlo's blog post. It's the last location to visit in West Virginia, but it's certainly not the least.

Dicarlos - ParkersburgI've ran the gamut of DiCarlo's locations - from the very best to my least favorite to one I was so excited about that I forgot to get a photo to the legendary. And, I have to say, the Parkersburg's DiCarlo's ranks among the upper echelon of pizza places.

Dicarlos - ParkersburgThey all vary a bit - from offering just pizza, to offering a drive-thru, to offering items like sandwiches and wings. This one features a really nice interior dining space.

But what I'm after is pizza.

I ordered two cuts. The lady behind the counter asked if I wanted it DiCarlo's style. I stammered for a second. DiCarlo's style? Aren't we in DiCarlo's? She sets into a speech she's probably given 1,000 times talking about how DiCarlo's throws their cheese on after the piece has come out of the oven, so the cheese slowly melts over the piping hot tomato sauce and crusty piece of pizza.

I know what it means, of course. Of course I want it DiCarlo's style. How is that even an option to have your cheese melted IN THE OVEN, like a barbarian. DiCarlo's style, obvi. If you want regular boring pizza, go to literally any other pizza place. GIVE ME DICARLO'S STYLE.

Dicarlos - ParkersburgMmmmm yummmmm. The cheese mixture is perfect and finely shredded. The pizza is crisp. The pepperonis were paper thin. Every bite was full of just lightly melted mozzarella and provolone cheese, with a nice crunch to top it all off. So, so good.



Grade: A
Click to add a blog post for DiCarlo's Pizza on Zomato

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.