A

White Sulphur Springs Edition: Draper's at The Greenbrier

By Candace Nelson - 10:00 AM

Greenbrier Drapers

"Conceived as a bright and colorful tribute to Dorothy Draper, Draper's offers casual all-day dining with a menu that includes classic Dorothy Draper recipes as well as traditional southern dishes." - Draper's at The Greenbrier.
So, I have written about Draper's at The Greenbrier before -- but only the ice cream bar (which is totally incredible, and you should try the ice cream). Since the opportunity presented itself, I made a return visit and was able to have a full sit-down breakfast at Draper's.

Greenbrier Drapers

First, The Greenbrier is incredible. It's huge, beautiful and over-indulgent in these giant tacky patterns and exudes richness. The Greenbrier has a few various dining options; Draper's is the most casual of the bunch.

DrapersBreakfast options included bakery items like croissants and muffins, oatmeal, cereal, omelets, breakfast platters and pancakes. Tony ordered a trio of tiny breakfast sandwiches, which had bacon, egg, cheese and BBQ sauce. I tried a bite, and they seemed fairly standard, but the BBQ added something a little different. Just not sure how I feel about BBQ for breakfast.

Greenbrier DrapersTheir "Buttermilk Pancakes with Greenbrier Peaches" was hard too pass up. It came topped with peaches, whipped cream and came with a side of syrup. I also ordered a side of sausage for some protein (and that salty/sweet combo) in the meal.

Greenbrier Drapers
There was a bit of a mix-up. Our server, who was totally pleasant and kind, accidentally put in an order for pecan pancakes, I believe. When they came out and were void of the famous Greenbrier peaches, I was confused.

When our waiter came back, I mentioned the mix-up to him. So, after a bit of a wait, I finally received my real pancakes. They were a sight, too, topped with a gorgeous peach topping, powdered sugar and a mound of whipped cream. And it was delicious. I don't know if a pancake can be bad, really. But the peach topping is what really made these awesome. The sausage (which I was too dumb to get a photo of), was also really good.

And on top of it, the server brought us each a cookie for messing up the order. I don't know how Tony lucks out and gets a cookie when I was the one who had to wait extra long on my food :) But, it's easy to win my loyalty with sweets. The oatmeal cookie was pretty awesome, too.


Greenbrier Drapers

Grade: A
Click to add a blog post for Draper's on Zomato

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.