A

Mannington Edition: The Custard Stand

By Candace Nelson - 10:00 AM

Mannington Custard StandI wanted to shake the "blah" feeling that is associated with a cold, rainy day. Everything was gray, and it was a reminder that winter is just around the corner. But I knew the perfect solution: a delicious chili-slaw dog and ice cream.

Mannington Custard StandThe Custard Stand has a few locations around West Virginia: Webster Springs, Elkins, Oak Hill, Danville, Flatwoods and Mannington. I've been to a few, and I want to check the remaining locations off my list. Mannington is home to the closest Custard Stand near Morgantown. While only about 45 minutes away from me, I've never spent much time in Mannington. What better reason to go than for a hotdog and ice cream?

Mannington Custard StandI made my way down through Fairmont and westward until I hit Mannington. The Custard Stand is located in a stand-alone building in the Rainbow Plaza. There is a walk-up window outside where customers can order. Inside is a huge dining area with long running tables. A menu above a bar area lists items like hot dogs, ice cream, pizza and burgers.

Mannington Custard StandI ordered a hotdog with chili, slaw, mustard and onions, as well as a small chocolate cone. The woman behind the counter made my ice cream cone immediately. And THAT is a Custard Stand small! Smooth, creamy and delicious. I love this ice cream!

Mannington Custard StandA few minutes later, my hot dog was ready. It came in a white paper to-go bag. Once I finished up my ice cream, I unwrapped the hot dog. A little messy, but it was wrapped well enough to not get everywhere. Custard Stand chili is quite good. Perfect texture, good flavor. The slaw had a bit of a sweet flavor, so the combo together was delicious.

Mannington Custard StandThe Custard Stand in Mannington is located at 12 Rainbow Plaza, Mannington, WV 26582. 304.986.1068. It is open Sunday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Grade: A
The Custard Stand Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.