A

Milwaukee, WI Edition: Pleasant Kafe

By Candace Nelson - 10:00 AM

Pleasant Kafe

I recently traveled to Milwaukee recently for a work conference with Tony. We did the whole conference thing, presented, networked, met up with colleagues. But, of course, we also ate. A lot. And I had a lot of fun, and I want to write about it! So prep yourself for the next barrage of blog posts because they'll be Milwaukee centered.

Pleasant Kafe

I never expected to visit Milwaukee. It was never at the top of any list. But, I really, really enjoyed myself. It's a big city, so it has the luxuries of that, but it's not so big that it's incredibly crowded. It was actually quite nice.

Pleasant KafeWe flew in on a Saturday, and I had made dinner reservations at a very nice restaurant that evening. Surprisingly, we actually got into the city, settled in and ready to go way in advance. So we decided to walk toward the restaurant, thinking it would take us some time to get there. Welp. We ended up getting there about an hour and a half early. We looked around trying to figure out what we should do, when we saw "Pleasant Kafe."

Pleasant KafeI actually thought the name sounded questionable, but it's actually a coffee shop by day and a chill wine bar by night. I can't tell you how much I love this concept. There are two floors, the bottom having the counter space and a few tables, and then upstairs there were folks working on laptops while sipping wine. And, each chair had a different small blanket/afghan to cover up while you enjoy your time. How awesome is that? Why doesn't Morgantown have this? I would literally never leave. I could be there right now as I catch up on all these blogs...

Pleasant KafeWe were there when everyone was drinking wine since it was the evening, so why not do as the locals do? We ended up getting a bottle of their seasonal sparkling cider. That can't NOT be good, right? Right!

Pleasant KafeWe got our carafe and flutes and sat on the second floor overlooking other folks as they walked in or chatted or what have you. And it was so, so tasty. It was sweet, sparkling and refreshing. It doesn't get much better than that. It was housemade with champagne, and as champagne usually does with me, it tricks me into thinking it's not that strong and then I'm three glasses in and giggling to myself.

It was a lovely precursor to dinner in a very sweet little shop.

Grade: A
Pleasant Kafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.