B

Boston, MA Edition: J.P. Licks

By Candace Nelson - 10:00 AM

JP LicksWhat's better after a sushi dinner than ice cream? Correction: What's better after ANY dinner than ice cream? Answer: Nothing.

JP LicksJ.P. Licks is an eclectic ice cream & frozen yogurt shop found in 13 stores - all within 15 miles of the "Jamaica Plain" neighborhood homebase. I love that the owner, when just getting into the business, said "I knew what I was really serving wasn’t just a treat, it was love in a cone."

JP LicksThey do a fresh peach ice cream in the summer and a Wild Turkey Bourbon ice cream in November to a tomato basil flavor. Pumpkin custard, caramel apple, extreme chocolate, carrot cake, apple cider sorbet, pistachio - and many more. They have a lot of creative flavors, in a number of treats (sundaes, splits and more), with lots of toppings.

JP LicksI ordered a salted caramel cone, but they said they it was too soft to be a cone. That's odd - I've never heard that before. But, OK, give me a cup instead. Once I got it, I realized what they were talking about. There were so many ribbons of caramel throughout, that it turned it almost gloopy. A little bit more firm ice cream would've made the texture more palatable. Having it be a little too runny was odd. Luckily, it's super sweet and delicious. I just wish it had been a litttttle more firm.

Grade: B
J.P. Licks Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All work property of Candace Nelson. Powered by Blogger.